Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female guinea pig, AJ, and her cutie-pie mate Rolo finally had their guinea-babies. They are the CUTEST little things I've ever seen!

Aren't they just the sweetest things? They're just about 2 inches long, and they all follow mom around like a family of ducks. :mrgreen: I've got great homes set up for them already, but I just don't ever want to see them go. :sob:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was actually not a planned pregnancy. When we got the piggies, we were told they were both females. Then I noticed AJ began to swell. :roll:

But, either way, it was a smooth birth, everyone is happy and healthy, and a few of my family friends who have kids are excited to be able to take some when they're old enough.

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Extreme cuteness!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
aren't they adorable? :3 My one baby, was a "surprise!!!" because Honey was small and just looked....fat xD Then she had a baby and my friend was looking after them... and was surprised to find 4, not 3, guineas. Honey came pregnant ><

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
i never owned a guinea pig before :p held one once thats it. but they are pretty cute XP i don't plan to have one

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought them when I first moved into my apartment. It was so quiet and I didn't have any pets besides fish, and you can't exactly pet a fish. xD So I got them because they love interacting with humans. Even earlier, I was holding one of the kiddos and made a "wheek" noise at it, next thing I knew all of the babies were singing to each other. Mom guinea pig was looking at me like "...... really? -_-" ROFL

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
They look really big for babies o-o

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, they're born with their fur, eyes open, teeth, everything. They're like big heads with feet. lol

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
That's pretty crazy. Most mammals that size are born underdeveloped. I guess guinea pigs have smaller litters if the babies come out so big?
They are really cute, where's momma and daddy? :3

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Guineas can have up to 9 babies (that were recorded), usual is 1-5. My JoJo ended up looking like an itty bitty guinea with HUGE ears xDD

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
XD bettalover. "They ate adorable!" And then they popped out "awww." Heehee
OOPS!:oops::oops:...I hate when my phone does that! This auto-correct thing is VERY bad:-D. It doesn't help at all. I meant to say "They **ARE** adorable" lol.:roll:

So glad its not on my computer!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Lol I just watched animal planets Pets 101 and saw guinea pigs, i want one so bad... or a hamster... or a bird, or anything thats not a fish, dog, or cat. T-T most preferably a snake, or a hamster/something in that department.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
aw, piggies are such cuties <3 I think it's fascinating how they're born developed and popcorn around on their first day!! I wouldn't want a gp but I see the appeal! The "wheek" they make would get on my nerves I think (my sister adopted a few from the rescue after fostering them and I met them.) I like the social aspect of them.
Since most people think they're like rabbits (which they're not bc rabbits are not rodents) a lot of people ask me why don't I have gp's... o.o They seems easier to bond than bunnies! And they can live in less complex houses than my bunny (who has a 3 storey homemade condo)

Anyway, here I am rambling. But it's only because I want to hang out in the thread and pet the babies! <3

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Lol I just watched animal planets Pets 101 and saw guinea pigs, i want one so bad... or a hamster... or a bird, or anything thats not a fish, dog, or cat. T-T most preferably a snake, or a hamster/something in that department.
haha xD I like my guineas because they are overgrown hamsters, who make more noise (cute sounds mainly), they talk to you, purr, popcorn and cannot escape as easily as a lil' hamster :eek:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts