Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I now have a free 2.5 gallon tank (with filter and LED lights) that used to house my Betta Fish who I have moved to his old tank. I was thinking about having two guppies and a snail in it, but first I want to do research on guppies.

What I know so far:

-Guppies are sensitive to chemicals in the water
-They grow to 1 in.
-Diet includes flakes
-Breed like crazy if you get a male and female XD

I want to know more information so I was hoping if anyone has more information about them if they can post it. (I like to do my research before I get any other type of fish) Also I never owned guppies before.

·
Registered
883 Posts
It's not really recommended to keep just two guppies together. If they are males they tend to fight unless there are 4 or more of them, and if you put one male with one female the male will harass the female constantly. Two females might be okay but you'll want to get someone else's opinion on that.

Zebra nerites are great algae eaters. If you don't have enough algae you can try feeding algae wafers or veggies. If you get a female, it will probably lay eggs all over, but they will not hatch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.