Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My betta Dinq is having a little problem with a haggard dorsal fin now. It seems its a little torn around the top edges and there's a tiny sliver that is split closer to the head on the dorsal. I keep telling him whatever it is in there he needs to leave it be. Now he just looks like a little ragdoll instead of a "show betta" as I like to tell him.

I can't figure out which plant in my tank could be doing it. I added more little plants and more medium plants because he has a problem with glass surfing. His other fins are fine and aren't split, it's just his dorsal.

Any ideas? I will get some pictures posted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a 30% water change and tested the parameters, and everything was absolutely fine.

I think it might have been the larger plants in the tank. As I said he's a glass surfer and I was told that putting plants along the glass might stop him, but he's always hanging out around them and I think he might have gotten tangled on it and torn it. He's got another fresh rip in his fin so now I'm worried.

So I pulled them out and spaced some of the other plants.

I also added some aquarium salt to his tank to help because it was a pretty nice rip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts