Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get Spitfire/sunshine to stop biting his tail? It's looking really ratty.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have the same problem!

I have been told a bigger home, with lots of plants and decoration to give them places to explore :) Also, warmer temperatures can help.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same problem!

I have been told a bigger home, with lots of plants and decoration to give them places to explore :) Also, warmer temperatures can help.
He is in a 29 gal by himself lol

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
He is in a 29 gal by himself lol
Maybe he's stressed out? Some Bettas cannot do well in bigger tanks, try moving him to a smaller tank, also is he seeing his reflection and flaring a lot?

Also, tail biting might occur because of his long and heavy fins. Try to set-up a tank with no current, so it makes it easier for him to swim.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe he's stressed out? Some Bettas cannot do well in bigger tanks, try moving him to a smaller tank, also is he seeing his reflection and flaring a lot?

Also, tail biting might occur because of his long and heavy fins. Try to set-up a tank with no current, so it makes it easier for him to swim.
I am going to turn off the airstone and turn the filter down also put back in a few soft plants

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same problem too... but I do think I've narrowed it down to the current of the filter. It's not high at all really, and I've moved it all the way over to the side of the tank so it gives him more room to swim with no water movement. He still bites though. Gonna try putting a picture of a female betta near his tank next. Wish me luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts