Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my male Bettas is sick so I used Betta Revive and he seams very lithargic and his skin seams to be kinda blotchy on his face! Today is his third day being treated using the BETTA REVIVE Solution! I've bin using 2 cups of purified water = 1 drop of the Soultion everyday and changing the water every morning fallowing the 1 drop of the Solution! Do yall have any suggestions to what I should do before I put him back into his bigger tank?
:|

·
Registered
375 Posts
Please fill out this form and include some nice clear photos.

Housing
What size is your tank?
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have a filter?
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?
Is your tank heated?
What tank mates does your betta fish live with?

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish?
How often do you feed your betta fish?

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change?
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change?

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?
When did you start noticing the symptoms?
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how?
Does your fish have any history of being ill?
How old is your fish (approximately)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My Bettas tank Supports 1 Gallon
I leave my temperature between 75 or 80
Yes my tank has a filter
Does my tank have an air stone I'm not sure what an air stone is
Is your tank heated- yes
What tank mates does your betta fishlive with- None

Food-
I feed my Betta Bio-Gold and sometimes Freeze Dried Bloodworms
I wait 3 days then I feed my Betta 10 little round pellets

Maintenance-
How often do you perform a water change- when need but most of the time every month
What percentage of the water do you change- I change about 25%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change- clean water and Betta Bowl Plus water conditioner, I use 10 mil

Water Parameters-
Have you tested your water- not in awhile

Symptoms and Treatment-
How has your betta fish's appearance changed- just blotchy face
How has your betta fish's behavior changed- started acting like he was bored and not being active like swimming. Then he was hiding like the light was bothering him or something! Then started acting lethargic!
When did you start noticing the symptoms- I noticed his symptoms a week ago!
Have you started treating your fish- YES with BETTA REVIVE Solution! I put him in a smaller container with 2 cups of clean water that I got from Dallas North Aquarium and 1 drop of the solution. Today would be his 3rd day that I've treated him with the Betta Revive Solution.
Does your fish have any history of being ill- not that I know of because i have not had him that long! Prob 2 months now!
How old is your fish (approximately)- Not sure

·
Registered
627 Posts
If you have a one gallon tank, you need to be changing your water much more frequently than once a month. More like once every two to three days, and I'd bump it up to a 50% change. Your fish is being poisoned by the ammonia in the water from his own waste.

Increase the water changes immediately and see if you notice a difference in his behavior.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Not being familiar with that particular medication, I don't really feel like I can give you the best opinion on that- however if it were me, I would probably discontinue it and see how the water changes affect treatment. I usually like to try treatments in order from least invasive to most invasive- so give the water changes a chance to work before resuming any medication.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.