Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been conditioning them both for a while, feeding him hikari bites and her hikari bites and frozen blood worms. both look amazing and healthy! i noticed him making a nest in his bowl so i put him in the breeding tank. i left him in there for about an hour hour n a half before i introduced the female. i noticed hes all into her, doing his dance and what not her stripes started to show, so i knew they were both interested. but then he jst flared at her for the next few hours. he wouldnt try to nip he just flared. the next day still no bubble nest and hes still flaring. swimming around a while and then back to flaring. i figure if i let her loose maybe it will spark somthing. i watch for abot an hour or two of him just flaring swimming around her and flaring. no attemps to bite from either one of them. i left them in there untill today and i check up on them every hour or so (im here all day lol) to find no nips or attemps to bite one another just him going off and coming back to her flaring. is this ok? are they indeed interested? :-?

oh about the tank i have it in my room a couple of plants floating at the top i got a cup cut n half and taped to the side where he can make his bubbles, i got a heater and a spongue filter which is off, the water tempurature is somehwere between 79 n 82

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Do you have Indian Almond Leaf in the tank? If not get some and then try again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm no i dont have that but i have heard great things about it from different websites....i guess now since ive heard it from here now ill give it a try :) can i find it at a store or is it something i have to order online??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts