Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so it turns out that my parents might be letting me get the 10 gallon tank but not until after the holidays. one reason is because sometime after christmas we will be getting new carpet including my room so that means i have to move everything out of there so we dont want to hassle with a big tank. until i get my betta a bigger tank, how can i keep him really happy and are there things i should buy/get him to make him enjoy his current tank? i just convinced my parents to let me get a heater last night so he is swimming around enjoying his warm water right now. he is in an aqueon evolve 4 gallon with filter and heater, thermometer, cave thing, really big silk plant, and a live plant. he also gets 4 aqueon betta pellets per day. thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
It sounds like he's already got most of what a betta wants. More plants, maybe? They don't have to be real. Mine don't seem to care that theirs aren't real. Put a picture behind his tank so he has something to look at, and change it regularly?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Sounds like he's really happy already :) 4gallons is a good amount for one guy so he is gonna be so excited in a 10! Fill up any open areas with live or silk plants so he doesn't get too overwhelmed from the space in the new tank.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Actually there isnt much room for more plants in there right now. And my tank has a black background but i might put some pictures in front of his tank. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey, I am not too sure but for a betta to get used to a tank is a pretty big thing. I think your betta will still need some time to adopt to the new tank when you move it to a bigger one. I think it is not so much adding in anything to make it happy but it is about getting used to it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.