Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I learned that I'm developing a "Ooo... Shiny!" complex when walking past the bettas at Petco. While looking at them today, I noticed this purple/white butterfly elephant ear betta mistakenly labled as a HM that I didn't intend to get but ended up taking home anyway because I had an empty tank, he was just so fiesty looking, and I'm pretty sure I'm in the beginning phases of addiction (as the title says, my friends are going to try sending to Betta Addicts Anonymous tomorrow). He also somehow tore off part of one his pectoral fins (random questions - can/will they fin bite them?), so his tank is staying squeaky-clean while it heals. But here he is, along with a couple pics of my other two boys (who are shamefully not yet named, suggestions appreciated):

New boy, he's really more purple in person - my photography skills are just lacking.

My first betta, a red-with-blue-edging dragonscale HMDTPK who has a small kink in his spine that doesn't seem to slow him down any and has also managed to tear his dorsal fin:

And my middle boy, who's a black orchid butterfly HM:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! They're a funny bunch.
The HM and plakat have somehow figured out how to get through the divider, though, so they're currently in a bit of trouble. Meanwhile I'm just scratching my head on how they did it :hmm:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Aww..I love the Big ear fishy's glad you scooped him up!! They are all very pretty fiishy's,, and yes you are not the only one who needs BAA!! I recently took in my 6th fishy..and I promised myself I'd stop at 5...hahahaha..NOT..BAA here I come:)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! He's got quite the personality already, and he hasn't even been in his new tank 24 hours yet! While I don't think it's his huge pectoral fins, he does seem to be the most sensitive to water movement of the three - even with a baffled filter.

He has to be the last one I get, at least for now... My dorm has a 30 gallon limit for tank space and I'm now at 30.5 gallons, and I don't really want to give the bettas less than five gallons each.

·
Registered
741 Posts
He's lovely happy bday and NO YOU DON't need any more bettas ever!

The new one I bought for my mom just arrived. number 3 here, too.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ahh, beautiful fish! :D Especially like your new boy, he reminds me so much of my late big ear Dizzy <3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts