Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell All I am a senior with a new passion for Betta Fish. I come about this most likely because I work in a pet store as a nutritional consultant for Pro Plan. I stop each day I work to look at them and simply captured by their beauty. I will have to read your Betta Fish Care thread. My first concern is do a buy my fish at this pet store where they have been sitting for weeks on end in a tiny plastic container bored to death. Or do I go on line and purchase one from the country of origin? Some of them are on e bay I noticed. Of course I like the one that is $50. Here is a pic of Betta bowl for him when I get him.
It is 2.5 gallon.
Thanks everyone.;-)

Looks like the photo did not upload.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi! welcome to the world of the betta fish addicts! All but one of my bettas are pet store bettas, so I would say rescue one. especially if you are a first time betta keeper.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

A pet store betta can make a wonderful companion! If you're worried about health, you can always look when your store gets a fresh shipment of bettas in, or just look at the cups for an active betta, as that one will most likely be healthy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I have made the purchase of the betta in the avatar pic. I think he is beautiful. He is 5 months old, parents from Thailand. Breeder will ship to me when my tank is ready. Just can't wait.

I keep on reading different suggestions on the frequency of water changes and the amount. The sales person at Petsmart suggested I do 50% change every 2 weeks for 5 gallons. I thought it should be every week. What are your suggestions for me?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
He's very beautiful!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Usually there's one right under the post of the user you want to thank for their post.

You're welcome! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts