Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My NPT is at my parents' house, and I'm now away at college and I really want my fishy! Especially because Sky is tailbiting, and it's because my parents just feed him and don't play with him or anything. D:

Has anyone ever moved a NPT? All of the plants have good root systems - they've been in there for at least 6 months.

Obviously I'm taking Sky out, I've moved a betta and non-NPT multiple times, so I'm good on betta-moving. I just want to make sure the NPT isn't completely destroyed after I move it. D:

Has anyone had any luck with this/have any tricks?

My plan thus far:
Drain water as close to substrate as I can get it (obviously remove filter and heater and pack separately), put tank in Sterilite box packed with towels, transport. (Note: It's a ten gallon tank)

I guess the worst that can happen is I have to break it down, put new soil, and replant plants, right? I spent too much on plants for them to die D:

EDIT: Oh! Also, it's a 1.75-2 hour interstate drive.

My MAIN concern, is the change in water for the plants. The water at my parents' house is soft, whereas the water here is quite a bit harder.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone will probably want to know this, for hardness sensitivity purposes...
Types of plants in the tank are:

Wisteria, vals, red dwarf lily, dwarf grass, red rubin sword, pennywort, amazon sword, java sword, hornwort... I think that's it.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Your plan sounds good and what I would recommend.....the plants are going to like the higher mineral content new water, however, I would bring some water from home to use for fill up...about 75% home water and 25% dorm water to start-then make 25% weekly with the dorm water to get them acclimated to the harder water...this will help both the plants and the Betta adapt...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your plan sounds good and what I would recommend.....the plants are going to like the higher mineral content new water, however, I would bring some water from home to use for fill up...about 75% home water and 25% dorm water to start-then make 25% weekly with the dorm water to get them acclimated to the harder water...this will help both the plants and the Betta adapt...
Thank you! I hoped to hear from you.

I will bring home water and gradually switch. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.