Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my male and female in the same tank but separated using a clear cylinder. Cali, my calico marble, after being together for 20 mins, suddenly lost her color and went into a trance like state. She did this a few times before but I intervened and pulled her from the tank during the first episode and put her back into her tank. This time I just made sure she was still alive and talked myself down off the ledge from pulling her out. She had done this about 3-4 times tonight in the past hour. I feel it a hormonal thing maybe like a hot flash or something. Neot, my black male has been calm, floating around the cylinder flaring on occasion. I plan to turn off the tank light and pray that nothing happens overnight. I will release her tomorrow round noon and hope the mating goes as planned.

Can you see breeding stripes through dragonscale? It is already difficult to see stripes on multicolored marbles as it is.
thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,169 Posts
Breeding bars on dragons, usually yes. But on marbles, depends on color of midsection.

Sometimes if the female is stressed too much, she will lose color and sort of just stay still. . . . Is this what you meant by "trance".
. Before you release them, make sure they want to breed. Hopefully that'll reduce possible injury

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.....I didn't associate it with stress, but should have. Interesting, I always thought she was a dominant fish. Thanks for the insight Indjo!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts