Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I was hoping I could pick the brains of some of the more experienced breeders, but I welcome any feedback! I recently noticed that some of my fry are gaining a blue translucent iridescence. They're a little over 2 weeks old, which is far too early for true colors to show based on my reading. @CosmicSyringe noticed this in their fry as well. Has anyone else experienced this? Do all betta fry develop early iridescence? Or only certain colors?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It doesn't have to be just blue iridescence. I have a spawning right now from Plat White Dumbo Dbl Tail (male) x Plat White Dumbo Dbl tail (female), the fry are 17-18 days old now and since week two (My guess is that this change came just as or after their labyrinth was formed) they went from being impossible to see; to glowy iridescent beams of white. You can see them from several feet away. I have only really noticed this myself on Grizzle, Platinum, Mamba. However, as you know blue is the base color, so who's to say what color I am seeing is. If I don't think a fish is looking well I only have to take off my glasses and all is well. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.