Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feel terrible... Bruce had a wonderful bubble nest built. I had to ruin it to do a water change and ever since the second he hasn't built one. I haven't noticed Stark making one but he might still be too new. Agent and Captain are definitly to new but I'm hopeful that I will see more nests sometime in the future.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Both my boys haven't made them in a while, but our weather has been really wacky and both have had a lot of changes to their tanks recently. Aris had to deal with me struggling with his old filter's flow, to which he started tail biting (well dorsal really), and now he has a different one which messes them up. Lux finally got moved from his 1g to a 10g, which also has a filter that ruins any nests he tries to make. He did give it a shot the one day I think, but lost interest.

:< I miss getting my daily bubblenest from Lux...

·
Banned
113 Posts
Not too long ago Xander made his first bubble nest. Took him over a month, but he did it and I was so happy for him! But had to do a water change and since then he's only done minimal amount of bubbles along the edges. Poor guy, he probably thinks it's pointless now hehe.
This morning my new guy I got Friday apparently made a bubble nest sometime since dinner last night and breakfast this morning. It's so big and full, suprisingly for such a little guy! But I feel bad since I will be doing a water change in the next day or so and yet again, will break another bubble nest.
*sigh*
I get so happy they make them because they are happy and content, and then there I go, messing up all their hard work. =(
Anyone else ever feel bad about messing up their bubbles?
Sorry if I'm resurrecting and oldie, but just wanted to share

Mclaren built a milkshake frothy Nest while I slept the other night,
and is currently in a Bubble state of mind.
He resides underneath it when I'm not too close for him to see.
As soon as I'm near, a light turns on, etc; He is out on patrol back and forth flaring proudly.

Unless it's his feeding time, he almost jumps out of the tank at my intrusion, love bites etc.
I hope I'm not making him sound like a grouch, because he is a big softy on his own time/without one.
As with yourself, I don't want to disturb his hard work.
Doing water changes with the gravel vac has left it mostly undisturbed.

But I need to do a good tank clean today, so I hope he wont take it to heart.
The thread seems to indicate he will get over it quickly, but still..Sorry Mac

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.