Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've had my pink/purple male crown tail betta for about two months now, I got him at a local Petland. He is in a 1.5 gallon tank. He was doing wonderfully, eating normal, social to everyone who came up to him. I feed him 3-5 pellets twice a day, switching his second meal up every few days with bloodworms. A few days ago, I noticed he was very spastic, jumping around his tank. I also noticed that there was a small fuzz looking stringy thing hanging from his mouth, and it looked like it was coming out of his gills too. It sort of looked like it could've been a piece of fuzz or feather that fell into his tank while feeding him or something. I did a 100% water change the day after I noticed this. He definitely perked up a bit after changing his water and his appetites has not changed much, except it might take him a second to eat a pellet. I've stopped giving him bloodworms as I've read that they could actually give him internal parasites. He mainly just chills at the bottom now in his ceramic log, still active but still jumpy too. He's also been rubbing his face on the heater cord as if he's trying to get that fuzz off of his face. I have QuICK Cure, Melafix and stress coat, but I'm sort of scared to use any medication without knowing for sure whats wrong with the little guy. Omega has become a part of my little family and I want to make sure he's okay. Can anyone help me diagnose my male betta? He seems like he's getting better on his own, but I don't want to let something we out of hand if its something that I can prevent.

·
Registered
502 Posts
It could be ich. Go to the pet store for treatment.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
If it's fuzzy, it's probably fungus, not ich. That looks like salt. I use API fungus cure, 3-5 drops a gallon. It helped within the day on my guy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts