Betta Fish Forum banner
1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Bikeridinguckgirl14 
#1 ·
Mom knows I hate foodshopping so she bribed me with a trip to the pet store, I said that if I found a nice EE I would get him and she said sure, then she took me to the store where they usually don't take care of the betta and don't have any selection. Well the first betta I saw had a bent spine, bent up at a 90degree angle and I just couldn't look at him, then I found a few white or whitish/redish EEs but they weren't calling my name. Then I found a nice light purple dumbo, HA!~ She could not have looked more annoyed when I picked up this guy (who still needs a non-female name)

#4 · (Edited)
What a pretty EE..or is that Dumbo? and a great mom you have! I did the same thing when my kids were young - lol..they had a fish tank, gekkos, turtles, hamsters, cats, a dog......then there was always that spider in a jar....here's hoping for grandkids so I can do it again :)

#5 ·
Mom admits she "didn't expect me to find one I liked" but hey I have the tank and the money, dad laughed when mom told him how he came to be. I will not name him dumbo, he is shy but also a smidge curious, mostly shy.

#6 ·
What a pretty boy :) I really like his coloring.

Lol I wish my mom would bribe me with a petstore trip and let me get a new fish. Im glad you found the one :-D

#8 ·
Thank you! He's very shy and missing a ventral, I'm also iffy about the brown fuzz on his head which isn't velvet so... He is very sweet and despite being shy if I'm sitting in bed he'll come check me out, he likes to hide under the almond leaf. He looks purple but if the flash goes off he turns blue. He needs a name

#10 ·
So far my only idea is Mesmer (because he changes color with the camera),but I feel like I should be able to come up with a better name than Mesmer

#13 ·
so last night i turned on the light real low, archy was sleeping in his cave but i couldn't find mesmer, he was on top of the almond leaf just flumped there like "nope, im tired, fanning out my fins and sleeping" but i woke him up trying to take the picture, basicly his ears were fanned out flat against the leaf and the water was barely 1mm above the top of his body (so he was fully submerged and in no danger or anything) but awwww
he also begged for food this morning <3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.