Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got BJ a 5 1/2 tank and now he can see is reflection and is flaring like crazy. is there anything i could get to help him not see his reflection anymore. I thought that he would stop after a few days, but its been almost a week and now he wont stop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want him to calm down, you can try draping a hand towel or piece of cloth over the side to get him to relax for a bit, although this isn't a permanent solution. As long as he's not hurting himself by diving at the glass, he should be just fine, enjoy the show!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I worried about Kyon doing this when I first got him. It settled within a few days, I suppose with mre aggressive Bettas it might take a bit longer. I've had him in this tank for a week now and he still occasionally flares, sometimes at the plants or the decor. I tried putting a lot of plants in my tank which helped a lot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have another betta that I want to put in the tank as well (with a divider of course). But I don't want to have 2 stressed bettas because I'm sure the new fish will see his reflection too. Hand towel didn't work. He could still see his reflection =(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do you have any live plants? It might be the light reflecting from the inside. Does he do it when the lights are turned off?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have a light specifically for his tank. I just use a regular lamp to light the entire room. and he flares whether the lamp is on or not. I dont have any paint, but i do have a tank background. I think i am just going to put it on the inside of the tank to see if it makes a difference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts