Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,813 Posts
Congratulations on meeting Rachel O'Leary! Your new betta is gorgeous, I wouldn't be able to resist him either.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Rainbo @Darcyj Thank you it was a tough call being surrounded by so many beautiful Bettas of every shape, color and size. :)

This fishy is one of Frank's bettas which I've wanted for a long time but didn't want to import a fish from Thailand.

Interestingly, people who had exibited show bettas in the morning were all grabbing the Aliens.

Re: Rachel - that was so cool if I weren't exhausted I'd be joining her for an adult beverage but she invited me to tour her fishroom next time I'm in Harrisburg, PA (which is fairly frequently - family).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited by Moderator)
This is Karen Randal, author of the book "Sunken Gardens" and scientific advisor to the AGA (Aquatic Gardener's association)

Since I already have her book, she's sending me a signed bookplate. :)

She brought along her *monster* Koi Plakatt Betta *and* his planted Fluval spec 5 just to show off LoL.

don't know what I can do to stop these pics from posting sideways?

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited by Moderator)
The aquascape competition inspired me to start another tank - so of course had to get another fish. I wish I had also bought this female Plakatt (steel grey/blue) because I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. She happened to have won "best in show" earlier but there were many fish with ribbons. I didn't even take her photo :/
I knew I was going to regret leaving without her, but I was trying to exercise restraint. :/

Anyone know why suddenly pics are sideways?

The photog is the guy from Prime tv or whatever it is can't remember but a well known face and very nice guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the first pic posted not just sideways but upside down. Sorry everyone.

·
Super Moderator
2,813 Posts
I rotated the pictures for you, but am unsure as to why they are not posting right side up for you.

Those fish and tanks look lovely.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Rainbo thanks for your help. I'm going to get to the bottom of the weird posting issue. Using Tapatalk is great but perhaps there's a bug or something?

The nano tanks in the aquascaping contest were fantastic. Most of them looked like perfect Betta homes :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Random weird fish and jelly fish tank. https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5da3c2727f05d/VID_20191012_150738.mp4

Flowerhorn. Man-made species of fish.

Looks like you had a blast and met a lot of icons! I bet any reef tanks there were gorgeous. I use to live by a lfs that focused on saltwater and would spend forever staring into the display tank. The nanos you photographed are gorgeous as well; I love the tank with the gray stones in the corner with plants tucked in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for sharing this super cool experience.

The betta you came home with is gorgeous and I totally agree that it would be impossible to leave without him. I'll have to do some internet digging and see if they have anything like this in MN. I would love to go to an aquatics show like this.

I love the nano tanks you shared as well. My personal favorite is the tank with the black sand. Neither of my plants tanks look anywhere near as beautiful as the tanks you shared but hopefully one day my aquatic gardener skills kick in. lol :p

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man made species? Whoa I thought it looked weird.

Glad you enjoyed the tanks but remember those are competition aquascapes just there for enjoyment and inspiration

I made a post called "Meet Rigel the Alien" as an intro for fishy but I'm not seeing it now?

Yes it was fun meeting everyone I've got a signed poster like a groupie LoL.

I think there are things similar to Aquatic Experiencnce all over. There's a cool sounding one I'll send ya the name when I remember - think it was just held in Austin. Kinda like a music festival but a fish fest

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@peppersmom first off that's the most adorable doggy I'd like one please?

I think I responded to your post in the one above this one.

Betta everywhere and exercising restraint was extremely difficult but since I live in a condo apartment building I don't have the option of many tanks unless we move to a bigger place. And that option *is* on the menu Lol!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts