Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a new 3 gal tank and this is the first time my betta has been in one. I was wondering if there were any automatic heaters that changes the heating temperature depending on the room temperature. If you know anything about that, please let me know!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Aquarium heaters heat the water to a desired temperature and keep it there. I recommend having you tank around 78F for your betta. Not sure if that answers your question?

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's the function of most adjustable aquarium heater. They'll keep your tank at the temp you set, no matter your room temp. I personally use the Eheim Jager heater, but it may be too big for your tank. Many people use the Hydor Theo Heater, I'd get a 25 watt one for your tank. Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go with the Hydor Theo Heater 25 watt. It will be enough wattage in a tank that size to warm the water temp up to where it needs to be. They're more reliable than the preset ones that regulate themselves. The problem with the self regulated ones is that often they lack the wattage necessary to warm up your tank to a correct temperature or they over heat your tank. I've had both happen in my experience. My preset heaters could easily bring my tank up from a room temp of 72 to a tank temp of 78. However, when we put the air down to 67 they were unable to make up the difference in the 5 gallon tank I have. One the opposite side, I've used preset heaters in a 2.5 gallon tank before and they heat the water up too high. With the Theo you can adjust it yourself if it's too low or too high, which I love.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts