Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy has been spending a LOT of time during the day wrapping himself around his Hydor Theo heater, flaring at his HOB filter, letting the filter water push him away, then doing it all over again馃槀 Anyone else ever have issues with their bettas doing this? It鈥檚 a pretty new thing..sometimes we reallllyyyy have to lure him to the front to get him to get away from that stuff in the back and eat.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of mine do it all of the time. As long as he's injured I'd let it be. His little "game" and flaring at the filter may well prevent him from fin biting.
Okay that鈥檚 comforting to hear, thanks so much!!

And one more question, I talked with you a month or two ago about moving with my betta, and I think I have everything together for that. I have a shoe box that is cushioned well with dish towels and such so he鈥檒l have a smooth car ride, but I wanted to ask..I was thinking of covering his cup (the one we bought him in and will be transporting him in) in some black paper to keep him in the dark, thoughts on that? He will be in the cup for at least 24 hours so want to make sure I鈥檓 ready for the move!

Super Moderator
I think I would leave it open so he has air. Remember you don't want to fill the cup to the very top; leave between a quarter and a half inch. The less water the less sloshing around.

You could, however, poke holes in the shoe box lid and use that instead of black paper. If you use SeaChem Prime I would add a drop about 12 hours into the trip. If you can't immediately set up his tank add another drop. Don't worry if he spends 48 hours in his cup. My newest Betta was shipped on Friday and not in his tank until Tuesday and he is doing great.

You will have to let us know how it goes. Moving is so stressful but so exciting, too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I would leave it open so he has air. Remember you don't want to fill the cup to the very top; leave between a quarter and a half inch. The less water the less sloshing around.

You could, however, poke holes in the shoe box lid and use that instead of black paper. If you use SeaChem Prime I would add a drop about 12 hours into the trip. If you can't immediately set up his tank add another drop. Don't worry if he spends 48 hours in his cup. My newest Betta was shipped on Friday and not in his tank until Tuesday and he is doing great.

You will have to let us know how it goes. Moving is so stressful but so exciting, too.
Oh I will leave it open! Sorry, should have worded it better haha. Just the sides of the cup covered in black paper, the lid has a hole in it! I will definitely let you know鈽 Yes I do have Prime, I will do that! So I don鈥檛 need to change his cup water, just add Prime?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts