Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My heater has been driving me crazy! I cannot get it to stay at a consistant temperature. Does anyone have a suggestion for a heater for a 2.5 gallon tank?

I don't want my little guy to freeze, or be fried!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Another good one is the Hydor Mini Heater. Looks like a heating pad nice and thin and they are great. I use them for my bettas, also have one in my Saltwater Pico tank which is 2.5 gallons and the water stays at 78 all the time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I use the tetra 50 watt for 2-10 gallons. It's not adjustable, but it kept the water in my 2.5 gallon perfect. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use the hydor Mini Heaters for my betta tank it keeps it about 78-80. I like that it is flat and doesn't take up much room (which is already in short demand in a 2.5).

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hydor Theo 25W. Keeps my boy at 81 degrees, he's simply basking. And he is in a 2.5 gal.

I totally recommend them.
I was going to say the same thing. I don't think I'll ever buy another type of heater. I've used it for 5 gallons and 10 gallons, and it keeps the temperature stable at exactly what I set it at (for me, 81 degrees, as well), so it's really versatile if you ever upgrade. I want 6 more of these. Haha.

Amazon has it. :) It's great quality.

http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-THEO-Submersible-Aquarium-Heater/dp/B0006JLPG8

EDIT addendum: I've had it running for a year and a half.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Hi all,

My heater has been driving me crazy! I cannot get it to stay at a consistant temperature. Does anyone have a suggestion for a heater for a 2.5 gallon tank?

I don't want my little guy to freeze, or be fried!!
i recently got this heater with thermostat and it's quite small, which i like.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061UQ6G/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

i finally have a heater that i can put in my baby biorb. before it was quite difficult having a heater and situating it properly.
...and it looks like we all like them :D

get a thermometer if you dont have one!

i think i'm through with aqueon products

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I've had troubles with the Marina C10, and a lot of the reviews online say that they're not reliable. Sometimes they do work, and sometimes they don't work at all, my past Betta was freezing in his 2g.

I recommend the Elite Mini 25w Heater, this brand makes the best heater. I also like how it's pre-set too, so you can set it to any temperature. I use it right now for my 2g. Keeps the water nice and warm.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That is true. I have seen plenty of bad reviews of the C10. The Hagen is one of the most recommended heaters on this forum. The Hagen is probably your best bet, since it is adjustable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you all for the suggestions! Right now I have Aqueon 10w in with both of my guys. They work great, as long as the ambient temp stays around 72 degrees. Which it does not always do in my room. I woke up this morning and they are both at 68-70 :(

I feel like I'm going to run in to the same problem with all of the 'preset' heaters. Right now I'm trying to control the ambient temp and keep it stable so they don't have drastic changes, but I need something that is going to keep it steady, despite the ambient temp.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well you can either keep up the ambient temp or find a higher wattage heater. 50 watts may seem like alot more but it will actually work for less time and will keep the temp up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts