Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at heater options for my betta tank. I live in Miami so most of the time it is warm enough so the water stays near 80f all on its own.

On occasion it cools down and the water temperature drops.

I have a square 2.5 gallon tank and i have been reading and getting increasingly confused about what type of heater is best.

Can anyone offer any advice?

I have a single Betta in this tank and no plans for roommates.

I want to add some live plants in the future, that is it.

I was looking at reviews on Amazon.com and can't find anything whith consistently good ratings.

I am thinking this is my best choice: http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-THEO-Su...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1335884044&sr=1-2

But I would like to get some opinions first.

I do have a filter coming, not here yet. It is a mini filter made for small tanks.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
That heater looks good :)

I just keep a 10W pre-set submersible heater in my 2.5. (I think it was made for aqueon mini bows) And it works perfect!! In the middle of the day his water gets to 83-4F so it's plenty warm.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I haven't tried the HYDOR myself, but have heard good things about it. Test it in a bowl with a thermometer for a few days, to make sure it won't overheat and boil your betta.

Good luck!

GBose

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone for your help. I ordered it today.

Great idea to test it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.