Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, this topic is a little redundant but I'm having problems heating my 2.5g critter keeper. I currently have a 7.5 watt betta therm heater, It worked fine in my old room keeping the water at about 76-79 degrees. The problem is that I just moved to a new house, this house even with the heat on is frigid cold. I'm using a space heater to keep myself warm but I can't really put that too close to my tanks because I'm afraid of a drastic/uncontrollable change in temperature. Right now that mini heater is keeping the water at like 70 degrees MAX. the fish seems okay but I know he's freezing. I do not have money to buy a better heater right now, but I do have another 7.5 watt like that one laying around. So my question is, should I try and put the other heater in there with the one thats currently in there? Or just let it be the way it is and wait until I can afford a different heater?(which I'm not sure how long that may take, possibly 2 weeks D: )
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
To keep the heat in, wrap the tank with a towel or a housecoat. It makes a big difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts