Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a heater for my betta but he’s been living with me without a heater for quite some time now. I’m scared he’s gonna go into shock if I change the temp. Should I just not use the heater? How could I acclimate him ya’know. I’m a crossroad

·
Super Moderator
22,880 Posts
Check the temperature of the tank. If you don't have an aquarium thermometer one that's used for food is fine..as long has it is well-cleaned. Those are more accurate than aquarium thermometers.

What brand is it adjustable/

Set the heater 1-2 degrees higher than water temperature. The size of the tank determines how long it will take to heat. So check every 15 minutes. When temperature is reached; unplug the heater and up 1-2 more degrees. Do this until you see the desired temperature.

If it's preset let it rest for 15 minutes or whatever manual says.

That being said, if you are the least bit uncomfortable about using a heater right now, look around the Forum and see what others are saying. You don't want to stress yourself.

I've never been a "must" person; rather, a "might oughta want to" one. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitely heater! Just gradually increase it maybe every day or so, that's what I did. Just don't jump from the water being 72 degrees to 80 in one day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts