Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm new to the forums, but not so new to betta keeping :)

I have two 2.5 gallon tanks at the moment with 8 watt heaters in them. I believe the brand is Marina. I've noticed that the water stays at a nice 78 degrees during the day, but when I wake up in the morning, the temp has dropped about 10 degrees. I'm wondering if I need an adjustable heater or if anyone has any recommendations for a 2.5G heater. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Wow yes you need a bigger heater!!
I have 2 2.5Gs, with 2 different heaters. I have a Ehiem Jager, and a Hydor Theo, both 25W. There are pros and cons to both.
The Jager is BIG - it fits lays in the long side of the tank, but can't be stood in a corner like most. It needs to be calibrated, which kinda takes some doing. It's sensitive, and accurate. Definitely a great heater.

I'm having some issues with the Theo. I think it self calibrates, but it always seems to be underheating. I've had some luck letting it adjust to the temp of the new water before I plug it in. So don't just toss it in and plug it in. It IS very small for a 25W adjustable, fits neatly standing in the corner!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a Hydor Theo 25W in a 5 gallon tank (holds 4 gallons of water). It's a nice size and seems to work but I do need to set it higher than I actually want. I have it set at 83 degrees F. and the water is 77-78 degrees. Maybe with a 2.5 gallon you wouldn't have this problem though.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I have a Hydor Theo 25W heater in my 2.5 gallon tank and it's wonderful. It keeps it at the same temp that I have it set as and it's good about keeping up with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use a Hydor slim 7.5watt and it keeps my 2.6gal at 78-82 no problem. Plus it's an under gravel heater so it's hidden :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I picked up a cobalt aquatics neo-therm 25 watt and am using it in a 2gallon tank. It takes up very little space and is very accurate. I highly reccommend it!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I also have a Cobalt Neo-therm 25 watt in my 3 gallon. I love it! I bought a second one for my 3.8 gallon, and if it wasn't too big for it, I would put one in my 2.6 gallon tank too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts