Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a heater thats a few months old which has died, and just bought a new Tetra HT10 submersible thats not giving heat up above 74F (which is currently room temperature...). It worked for maybe 12 hours before not heating higher than that.

Anyone have any suggested products for a 3 gallon bowl? Something thats going to not die on me preferably XD

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I have an aqueon heater in my 3 gallon tank and it keeps the tank PLENTY warm. Also I have an very old aqueon heater in one of my 2.5 gallons (its probably about 10+ years old now, has not been in use for that amount of time though) and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I have a Hydor Theo 25W heater in my 2.5 gallon. I've only had it a month or so but it's been working great so far. It keeps the tank at a nice even steady 78 degrees.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you let it adjust to the water temp first? I have a Hydor that needed that...

The heater does not indicate that you need to manually adjust the water temp. It says that it self detects/monitors the water temperature between 78-80F. (clearly its not)

It also has a light indicator to display when it is at the correct temperature, turns itself off when the temperature is at 80F, and shows a red light when heating. Red light has not turned on since initial plug in... Still showing green at 74F... Tried unplugging, replugging, removing, changing outlets, etc. I plan on returning it this weekend for an aqueon or another Grreat choice heater.

My other (functioning) heater for my 3gal bowl is an aqueon! :D But thats also one of the ones that died recently, might have just been a dud. My baby betta has a ZooMed Aquatic BettaTherm Mini Heater for her little 1.5gal... but her heater only gets up to about 75F too... It goes a little higher on days where its warmer because it only keeps water temp 5 degrees above ambient room temp (which makes sense given that its 75F in my house right now). Not sure if I should get her a better heater too since I know she should be kept at around 80F too...

I also have a Grreat Choice Aquarium Heater for my 10gal that I got on Sunday and it is keeping the fishes happy at 80F constantly. Never waivers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts