Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you all recommend in heaters?

Watts per Gallon/Litre

(i am looking at buying a 14L tank and im not sure if its ok to put something like a 25 watt heater in it, the heater can be adjusted to the temp you want)

[14 litres = 3.69840873 US gallons]

·
Registered
618 Posts
I think a 25w should be fine, since 25w is recommended for 5G... On my 10G is recommended 50W, but since 100w from another brand was cheaper than the 50w I bought it instead.. xD!

Somehow there are times I feel the water is kinda colder, specially when I turn the filter off at night, but my thermometer says it's always stable to me... Hmm...

But yah, 25w would work fine for you

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
adjustable heaters are more reliable in my opinion than the preset heaters... i believe 25 watts should be fine in that tank size..just make sure you keep a thermometer in there to keep an eye on the temperature.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Hagen Elite mini 25w it is adjustable and takes up very little tank space. Don't bother with the preset heaters I have found they have irregular results.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had my male betta in a 3 gallon and used a 25watt Elite brand heater. It worked great for two years, but at the end it was having problems holding the temperature steady.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts