Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone quick qwestion I have a 2.5 gallon tank and as of right now its still winter in minnesota where suppose to be gettin a snow storm tonight or tommaro....so u see Neacco still needs a heater. Well tidying his humble avoid and do 75% water change I notice his heater may have condinsation in the glass area. Is this an issue? Also I caught him eating a small piece of carbon that came outta the filter. Today was filter change day too. I rinsed the filer under water for a good min. My little neacco seem content and a bundle of energy its been bout 30mins as of now since I noticed bolth possible issues.
Any answer would be appreacated....thanks neaccos adoptive mom

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I intend on picking up another heater for the 2.5gallon tank any reccomendations? I'm kinda worryed about the heater its not making any odd nosies or any thing but still its a full submersable heater and its pre set to around 75_80+ no dial on it id like to pick one up that is for a 2.5 & can be set to atleat 80' .....any reccomendations??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the heater its self is for a 1-3gallon

·
Registered
1 Posts
So if I put a heater that's for a 2 g aquarium in a 1.5 g aquarium I'm I lookin at trouble . Just upgraded twinkles tank from a bowl to a tetra 1.5g tank.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its prolly for a 1-3 gallon to maby buy a themometer and check the temps....he's kinda acting odd hope there isn't issues with em.....reaaaaaa

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5_10gallon tanks are the best for thebetta buddys

·
Registered
737 Posts
I like Hydor Theo 25W. I have one that I've used in a 5 gallon and 10 gallon tank, and it maintains temperatures in both. Not too hard in FL, since it's never cold, but I think that bodes well for it keeping the temperature up in a 2.5 gallon in cold weather. ;) I've been running it for over a year with no problems.

http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-THEO-Submersible-Aquarium-Heater/dp/B0006JLPG8

·
Banned
137 Posts
i always get a heater that's adjustable and with a thermostat. i went through hell with those preset ones. more importantly my fish went through hell.
also get a cheap thermometer

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your input jason* I picked up a new one for the little guy today it was around 34.00+$ its ajustible and neacco loves it his tank is at 80'f....sorry to hear about your other heater that's terrible. Good luck with ur betta buddies...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts