Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my 10 gallon set up and for the first day and half or so the water was so nice and warm, but when I checked it this morning, I couldn't find Fishie(pretty hard to lose him no plants or anything in there yet)

When I found him he has sucked himself as close to his rock as possible! I went to feel the once very nice warm water and its cold!!!! There is a hood on his tank and his heater is on. I guess it's just a bad heater so I need a new one.

Whats a GOOD heater for a 10gal tank?

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Aw poor fish
Get a submersible heater rated at 25-50 watts. I have a reliable 25w Topfin heater and a preset aqueon and tetra. Some people here prefer better brands but you want to pick one up asap and walmart sells tetra, petsmart sells topfin.

·
Registered
194 Posts
which hydor is it? there's one non-adjustable one, but it's supposed to be for under 5 gallon tanks, so i son't think that would work in a 10 gallon... i have a 25 watt hydor in my 3 gallon tank and it works just right, so i would think a 50 watt is what you'd probably want for a 10 gallon. make sure you have a thermometer whatever you get, though, it's everybody's nightmare to find that the one malfunctioning heater out of a batch of thousands has cooked their fish. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
which hydor is it? there's one non-adjustable one, but it's supposed to be for under 5 gallon tanks, so i son't think that would work in a 10 gallon... i have a 25 watt hydor in my 3 gallon tank and it works just right, so i would think a 50 watt is what you'd probably want for a 10 gallon. make sure you have a thermometer whatever you get, though, it's everybody's nightmare to find that the one malfunctioning heater out of a batch of thousands has cooked their fish. :(
It was the slim one. I had two 25 watts(seeing how I use to just have a smaller tank)
I have a working one now! Keeps it between 78 and 80 pretty nicely:)
It was another hydor, this one works. Glad I was able to get it fixed right away!

·
Registered
717 Posts
The slim hydor is for smaller tanks. We had the one that would do up to a 7 gallon tank in our 5 and it barley held under 75 degrees. We have the 25w adjustable hydor and love it. Is your new hydor adjustable? What size?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The slim hydor is for smaller tanks. We had the one that would do up to a 7 gallon tank in our 5 and it barley held under 75 degrees. We have the 25w adjustable hydor and love it. Is your new hydor adjustable? What size?
Well this one is keeping my ten gal at a nice steady 80. I was kinda surprised. the watt said 15 but I think I read it wrong. (I didn't buy this one, it was giving to me) So as long as it keeps the tank at 80 I think its safe to say both me and Fishie are happy.
He's also swimming around again now:)

·
Registered
717 Posts
It worked in our 5 gallon for a few days an than stopped. I returned it an spent the extra 8 dollars on the 25w hydor adjustable an have been very happy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.