Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I want to thank you all for the invaluable resource that these pages provide. I've kept bettas for years and I'm still learning all kinds of new things from you all. I live in the Bay Area, California and hadn't had a fish for about a year and a half since my last boy, Errol, died. A few weeks ago I decided it was time to set up the tank again and brought a new boy home from Petco. What is this weird color-changing phenomenon? I got a silvery blue fish and now I have a red and blue fish. Strange! His fins first started turning orange (he looked like he was on fire!) and then red. He also devours anything and everything I feed him, hence his name, Pig. As you can see from the few photos that turned out semi-good, he got upgraded from a 3-gal to a 6-gal where he is now exploring his new Pirates of the Caribbean home. He's very interactive, seems excited to see me, and will eat right off of my fingers. I tried him with cherry red shrimp and he was very interested in chasing them so the poor things just hid all the time. I might try ghost or amano shrimp. I think he gets bored so I hope some shrimp will keep him occupied but will also survive the ordeal. The last photo shows the new tank I set up for the handsomest little boy I have coming from Chaba. I can't wait to meet him!

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Awesome betta!
I used to live in california too, in the san fernando valley area but move to miami like 6 years ago.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I miss california like you have no idea.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple of years ago, I spent 4 "spring" days on the east coast just visiting and sight-seeing. I froze the whole time! I longed for home, let me tell ya. I swore never to complain about our weather again! Nevermind the weird thunderstorm we had last night...

·
Registered
462 Posts
I hope that someday i can move back to cali and first thing i am gonna do is go to santa monica for the longest walk ever.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
A couple of years ago, I spent 4 "spring" days on the east coast just visiting and sight-seeing. I froze the whole time! I longed for home, let me tell ya. I swore never to complain about our weather again! Nevermind the weird thunderstorm we had last night...
That was terrible! Some one got a picture of a lightning strike hitting the bay bridge's towers.

What part of the bay are you in? I am in Fremont!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Hey I'm in the bay area too! What part are you from? I'm in the east bay.

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta adventures and seeing more pics....

Enjoy your stay.....

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Wow there are so many people from the bay area lol. I am in Fremont, so we are all pretty close. Sakura you can be are extended family XD

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
Yay! I'm extended family! I'd move to SF if I could afford it. My parents lived there when they were first married, back in the '70's.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
SF is expensive! Actually most of the Bay Area is expensive. I wanna go to the Science Museum now, we should go sometime.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm a loner! OC CA, baby! Hello Huntington Beach... the land of cloudesness.. D:

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
HatsuneMikune is somewhere in SoCal but I don't know which part. My uncle and cousins live in Thousand Oaks, near Malibu.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts