Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am very happy to have found this site. I have only owned a betta fish since July 31st/2019. It was a gift after my jack russell terrier passed away in August at age 16. I am doing the best I can but sadly my betta's fins got badly damaged due to a plastic toy and perhaps me feeding him twice a day. Anyway i am here to learn and share and see all of your gorgeous fish. Thank you for letting me join your website.0:)

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I'm sure your betta's fins will be fine, just keep the water clean. You can also put some Indian Almond Leaves, and StressGuard in the tank to help with the healing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site!

I'm sure your betta's fins will be fine, just keep the water clean. You can also put some Indian Almond Leaves, and StressGuard in the tank to help with the healing.
Oh wow, thank you so much! I have seen those almond leaves online (amazon) and I do have a large bottle of anti-bacterial meds for the Betta fish which I hope is working. Thank you once again for the advice. (I have been really worried about him actually).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome. I'm new to betta also (last week of July). I've learned so much from everyone here and they are quite helpful. Good thoughts for you and your betta.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome!

Feel free to check out the Diseases and Emergencies section of the forum for further help with your betta if you are concerned (be sure to fill out the form though!).

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nothing wrong with feeding twice a day!
The trick is to give small meals so you don't over-feed him. :)

At one point I was trying to get some weight onto Tagawa (the lad in my profile pic) and I was giving him tiny meals 4 x a day. Now he is a bit of a porker he just gets 2 tiny meals a day. Haha!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome to the forum! This place is super friendly and people are really helpful here so you've definitely come to the right place! As for the plastic toy you mentioned, a good rule of thumb for adding decor into your fish tank is the pantyhose test. Take a pair of pantyhose, if it snags them, then it has the possibility to snag your betta's fins! Also, be sure to check the inside edges on any ornaments or hides. I learned that lesson the hard way with one of my past bettas as I didn't realize that there was a sharp edge inside of his favorite place to hide! I was able to file it down, but you can also cover sharp edges with aquarium sealant/silicone.

Once again, welcome! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,967 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask any fishy questions. The only dumb questions are those you don't ask. And we love pictures. Lol
Clean warm water is key to keeping bettas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts