Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! New girl from the icy city of Edmonton! I've been a big betta fan all my life and have rescued several boys from pet store cups over the years as I'm sure we all have! I'm just starting now to get into the hobby more seriously though. I made the financial leap and have two boys being imported from different Thai breeders that I hope to use as foundation breeding stock. They will always be pets first and "breeding stock" second though! The females will come a bit later once I show the boys and find out what some of their outstanding faults are so I can try and find mates to compliment those faults. I looked long and hard to find my perfect fish and while I think my boys look like show winners, I might be proven wrong. As someone who also has an interest in the world of purebred dogs (chinese cresteds and greyhounds in particular), I know that every dog (or in this case betta!) is a winner in the eyes of his owner. Either way the showing turns out, I'm happy with the boys I've chosen and I'll love them even if they don't win anything <3

Hope to see you around the boards and happy fish-keeping from Laura, Ren and Kamui!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think you might have some trouble with showing the bettas you are importing. As I understand it, in order to show a fish, you have to have bred it yourself. If you are concerned about faults and looking for a female to correct them, I would recommend putting good pictures up in the show thread of your new boys asking for a critique from the experienced people here, they can probably give you an idea of what to look for in a girl to balance things out as well.
Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.