Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'm Laura. I've very new to bettas so I was hoping to learn how to make my half moon betta, Lucifer, happier. I got him at PetSmart about 2 months ago. He's very territorial and hates it when someone walks up to his home (Thus why I named him Lucifer), but I've learned rubbing my finger in front of him (on the outside) calms him down some. Lucifer is in a 1.5 gal tank as of now, and he hates it; however, he seemed to love his 1 gal bowl. I had no problems with him then so I will have to see.
I'm looking to either get a new betta soon or to take my friend's black and white half moon named Thud. She's lost interest in him since her new guinea pig. I kind of want both.
I just really want to learn more so I can take care of them all correctly. I'm a fish so seeing them happy makes me happy. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum friend. There are much information here to be acquire. Wonderful betta you have there. His name is awesome and suits him well.
Thank you. :) I've been reading on this site for a few days, and I have more confidence that I can make my Lucifer happy.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Great! I knew you would. But don't be too confident in such that you let Lucifer live in his bowl for months without water change and food haha. I think when we get confident, we get too comfortable and sometimes this is where our bettas become prone to sickness and death.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! I knew you would. But don't be too confident in such that you let Lucifer live in his bowl for months without water change and food haha. I think when we get confident, we get too comfortable and sometimes this is where our bettas become prone to sickness and death.
oh no, no. I couldn't let him live like that. :shock: but I can see what you mean. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.