Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been visiting this website for a long time now since I first got into keeping a Betta, but I just recently joined. This year my college allowed students to keep fish in their dorms as long at the tank is 3 gallons or less.
I started with a 1.5 gallon tank with a beautiful crown tail betta from Wal-Mart who I named Captain Hook.
He passed away to Neverland last month and I finally found another betta to help me get over losing Captain and not having someone to distract me from my late night study sessions. So I found a stunning half moon betta, which I finally figured out the perfect name, Baelfire. I've upgraded from the 3 gallon to a 5 gallon, filtered and heated tank with a couple ghost shrimp to keep him company. Turns out rules mean nothing if you don't make a mess...
He's currently in a hospital tank being treated for ich, which I think he might have had when I bought him...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh my goodness same here! He is beautiful :)! I have the same fish as you! same coloring! I was hoping to find some like him to find out what he is! ahhhhh so cute. I'm in college too and all I could afford was a 1.5 gallon tank too, but he seems really happy with a little heater in it and everything! Daryl is swimming around happy as ever with tons of personality! Welcome to the forum! I am also new

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my goodness same here! He is beautiful :)! I have the same fish as you! same coloring! I was hoping to find some like him to find out what he is! ahhhhh so cute. I'm in college too and all I could afford was a 1.5 gallon tank too, but he seems really happy with a little heater in it and everything! Daryl is swimming around happy as ever with tons of personality! Welcome to the forum! I am also new
You have a heater in you 1.5 gallon? What kind of heater do you have in there? I heard it wouldn't a good idea to keep one in a tank that small since it could boil the fish... I just have my betta in a 1.5 tank since I'm treating his ick that I think he had when I got him. And I wanted to keep the water warm, but I didn't want it to get too warm...

·
Registered
162 Posts
You have a heater in you 1.5 gallon? What kind of heater do you have in there? I heard it wouldn't a good idea to keep one in a tank that small since it could boil the fish... I just have my betta in a 1.5 tank since I'm treating his ick that I think he had when I got him. And I wanted to keep the water warm, but I didn't want it to get too warm...
I read that too! But it's automatic so it shuts itself off when the water is warm enough. I check it all the time just to be sure :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts