Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have lurked around quite a bit, and have posted a few times, but I've never really been a member of this community.
This must change ♥

Pets have always been a staple in my life. Right now I have a domestic princess of a cat named Chance, a hampster who goes by Crunchbite, and a 10 gallon tank with a handful of female bettas.

I originally purchased my tank so I could be the 'betta rescuer!' I wanted to save all of those poor creatures stuck in cups at all the local petstores.... before getting sad that because I purchased them, they would then get restocked because of supply/demand. D<

I'm also a pushover and got convinced that I should get a BUNCH of fish, instead of the fish I really wanted... horrible salesmanship.

However, I am planning on getting a few 5.5 gallon fish tanks to finally get down to business at what I would like to have.

I am such a sucker for the blue butterfly halfmoon.
Along with that, I am loooving the red halfmoon that animallover4lyfe is putting up for adoption... but I don't have enough posts to make an offer. Well, it would be in a few weeks since I'd want to get my tank all prettied up and stable. But still! ;p

Rambling aside,
It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I hope we get to become great friends!
/sap

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I hope you soon achieve a betta army capable of world domination.
Also, must say, us Ontarians are becoming quite the force on this forum :D

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, keeping bettas will be a very fun experience. I would love to see pictures.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Geesh why no Albertans? :/ :lol: well, close enough as neighbors!

Hiya =D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much! ♥
Once I get a good setup, I'll definitely post some photos.

And of course, Alberta is close enough. We can totally be awesome neighbours.
I'll bring over a pie. :D

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
kerrilea. What the heck is that decoration?! haha. I have been trying to figure it out and I can't! it's bugging me.:-?:-D

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
a dragon? lochness?

And yes, pie, it's delicious :3 :lol: I found out to ship a betta here from ontario (there is a supplier/breeder there) it's 60.00 shipping alone!

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Are you serious Sena? That's crazy.
Canada is a crazy place however.
That decor looks like a dragon wrapped around a rock. :p

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
omg, I can see that a little now. haha. from far away it looks like a snaky alien *runs to find glasses*

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Are you serious Sena? That's crazy.
Canada is a crazy place however.
That decor looks like a dragon wrapped around a rock. :p

yup lol!! that's overnight shipping or whatever is the norm.. and they always suggest faster shipping. so bulk bettas is better than just getting one :lol:

Canada is crazy =D and for me... I find it almost always cold and I don't like the cold haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in Southern Ontario, I call my city the bermuda triangle. The winter is ridiculous cold, and the summer is ridiculous sweltering. I'm a horrible Canadian, I propose moving South ever year. xD

So, I have gone in to investigate what it is exactly that I purchased;;
The scales and colour scheme make me think that it is a dragon, but its' length suggests that it's more of an eel or lochness creature.
It's wrapped around a 'broken plank of wood'. My lady bettas love swimming through it. That's all that matters :D

The tanks' cleaning is going to be done tomorrow, so I'll get a closer picture then. :)

Shipping is just nuts in Canada, especially once you add tracking into the mix >.<

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
yeah D: lol. otherwise I'd totally be shipping fishies to me more often xD

·
Super Moderator
6,156 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Glad you joined us. Looking forward to hearing more about your bettas.

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta adventures and seeing pic....

Enjoy your stay.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts