Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, names Monica and I am mothering a male Crowntail betta, I got him back in July, after the death of Dale Gribble, a betta I rescued from a girl who used to work with me. She was leaving for vacation and said she had a fish that she didn't care for and if anyone would watch him, so I of course took the offered, then turned around and asked if I could keep him. She had him 2 years and he was in a square plastic container with nasty marbles, no heater nor filter, heck there was no room for either. So I brought him home, kept him in there for a week and then moved him in a 3.5 gallon with a heater/filter and plants. He was a funny little guy with a big personality, I taught him to swim up to my finger so I could "pet" him, I had him for about a month and he ended up dying & & & & that's when I fell in love with Bettas and that's how Dobby came into my life. He's housed in a 10g with his golden snail brother.

Okay I just rambled on without realizing it, whoops. Lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am also from Texas! And my name is Monica haha. It's sweet what you did for your friends fish, and I bet your current boy is livin it up in his 10 gallon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am also from Texas! And my name is Monica haha. It's sweet what you did for your friends fish, and I bet your current boy is livin it up in his 10 gallon!
Omg haha! I think I did it more for the fish, I mean she said she tried to kill him and it didn't work, so yeah I wouldn't consider her a friend, lol. Oh he is! He loves his tank, although I am considering on splitting it this weekend to home another Betta, but still doing research on it. =)

·
Registered
141 Posts
That wasn't nice at all :( I hate it when people think fish and all animals are disposable. That would be nice to split it. But bewAre betas are addicting. I now have two and have been itching for another :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That wasn't nice at all :( I hate it when people think fish and all animals are disposable. That would be nice to split it. But bewAre betas are addicting. I now have two and have been itching for another :)

I know, people suck sometimes. They're just beautiful fish with a lot of personality so they come very addictive to have lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts