Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I never posted in here when I started on the site. I guess now is as good a time as any. My name is Kristen. I'm 23 (I guess almost 24) years old and I hail from the cheesehead state, Wisconsin. I love my Packers and Brewers, and of course, my bettas.

Since I've been here for a few weeks, some of you may already know my bettas, but I will introduce them anyway.

First up, we have Sookie. From what I'm told, she is a Giant Cambodian.

Next up, we have the newest edition to our family, Gandalf. I'm told he is a copper/metallic half-moon.

And lastly, Spartacus. He was a blue VT male who passed away a few weeks ago.

I've really enjoyed my first few weeks on this site, and I have learned a lot from all of you. I look forward to learning even more.

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Hi Kristen - nice to meet you :wave:

I'm sorry to hear that you lost Spartacus. He was stunning!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Hello! lol I'm originally from MN but my parents have a lake place in Burnet County WI. What part are you from? I may be from that anoying state next door but I love the Packers! Vikings suck, and I've always had a soft spot for the Brewers :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello! lol I'm originally from MN but my parents have a lake place in Burnet County WI. What part are you from? I may be from that anoying state next door but I love the Packers! Vikings suck, and I've always had a soft spot for the Brewers :)
I can see we're going to get along already! I'm from Madison, WI.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Ah Madison, I have yet to go there, mostly due to the fact my parents don't travel that much but my Bf has plans of us going to Chicago. I'm assuming he's going to let me be a tourist and stop there on the way :p

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah Madison, I have yet to go there, mostly due to the fact my parents don't travel that much but my Bf has plans of us going to Chicago. I'm assuming he's going to let me be a tourist and stop there on the way :p

Not a heck of a lot going on in Madison. You could stop at Sprecher Brewery, I guess. That's always fun. The mustard museum is near-ish here too.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
lol so what if there is nothing there. My bf and I drive across South Dakota and southern MN at least 5 times a year, if not more. Talk about nothing there! but we still laugh and have a good time, if I'm awake :p

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol so what if there is nothing there. My bf and I drive across South Dakota and southern MN at least 5 times a year, if not more. Talk about nothing there! but we still laugh and have a good time, if I'm awake :p

The pet warehouse near-ish Culvers off of Todd Drive is worth a look. Lots of pretty bettas there.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Thats probably the one place he wont bring me. I'll want to buy a fish and he'll say no lol. Which I can understand because I wouldn't be able to return it if it died when I'm just about two states away

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats probably the one place he wont bring me. I'll want to buy a fish and he'll say no lol. Which I can understand because I wouldn't be able to return it if it died when I'm just about two states away

True. I didn't discover it until after I had all of my fish. I don't have near enough space for more until we buy our house. But once we do... LOOK OUT!

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping......

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta adventures and seeing more pic.....

Enjoy your stay......

·
Registered
88 Posts
welcome, I've never been to Wisconsin but i love cheese, and the Packers, and I'm sure my beer consumption has helped the local economy there in Milwaukee haha. Nice looking fish you have.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
i went to wisconsin, i have to say something "BEST....PLACE.... EVER!!" it was soo pretty over there, there was even a gun store next to a gas station. like WOAH!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts