Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends! I am a new betta fish mama and I would like to say I love them! When I was little my family got a beautiful blue one. I was little and my parents did not know how to take care of one properly and he ended up dying within the month. His name was alpha because I am clever.:lol: However, I am now in college and have a brand new start to take care of my new little pride and joy. A beautiful Red Betta who I named Daryl :). I got him from petsmart and he was rather dull and sad looking. In petsmart the fish range in prices due to color or brightness. He was in the cheaper section because he was a dull brownish red but he swam towards me and I decided he was the one. When I brought him back his tails lit up bright red once I moved him to a rather large vase with some rocks in it. I then bought him blood worms, mysis, and Dalphina for him to eat because I tend to spoil my pets whenever I have them. His eyes started to turn a beautiful aqua but now I got him a bigger tank with a heater and a plant and hes turning darker. Not sure if thats good or not. lol help?

· Banned
1,906 Posts
Hello its funny how we both started out my first betta was a christmas gift in a bowl un heated too

But now i have them in a nice tank with heater

Welcome to the forumn!

· Banned
1,906 Posts
I am in college and on a budget but I have a 1.2 gallon tank with an automatic heater :) he has come to life! soo happy and swimming around :)
Hey thats not bad at all!

Bettas come to life when they are in the right enviroment hehe mhm i bet he is happy nice cozy and warm in the tank :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.