Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Ashley and just a few days ago, I acquired a new little buddy named Giuseppe. He's a Betta fish, obviously, which is why I'm here.

I decided I wanted to get a Betta when I went with my boyfriend to one of his friend's house. In the spare bedroom, they had at least ten Betta's in bowls and vases with almost no decorations. =[[ I actually was looking bettas up on tumblr because I'd almost forgotten they even existed until I saw all those babies When I saw all the Betta activism on tumblr about them not belonging in bowls. I honestly had absolutely no clue about anything Betta's actually needed until right then. So, I decided to save one of my own.

I have Giuseppe in a 10 gallon tank with one small, live rosette sword, one large, silk plant, a big hiding cave, and a ceramic ghost that's meant to be a tea light holder (with no sharp edges, of course). Besides my overly-helpful boyfriend waaayyyy overfeeding him today, he seems to be doing well and is happily swimming and exploring his tank. =]

(Not in the pictures is the heater I spent my bottom dollar on last night ;] )

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
Welcome, he looks super cute. I wish my boyfriend didn't think my two bettas are boring and that I'm crazy for having two five gallon tanks and loads of betta stuff. You are doing a great job taking care of that lucky boy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, tell him you think his hobbies are crazy too! I'm trying my best to make sure he's happy. =]

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ha my boyfriend is into Xbox games and what not, I may try using that brilliant idea. Also try drawing on his tank with dry erase markers, my sassy female tiffy throws flaring fits when I draw on her tank. Also try using different colors, tiffy tries to bite the tip of the marker when it's red (she is a red betta). Also you should teach your cute boy to swim through a small hoop or something like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, Kingcrimson! I got him at Walmart for 2.19, they had a few options! I've also read that perler (melty) beads are aquarium safe, so that would be fun too!

Lol, then definitely!!! Be like, "one of my set ups costs as much as one of your games! And mine is a live thing!"

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm going to tell him just that the next time he bugs me about the bettas, that is an amazing idea. Thank you for telling me this awesome comeback.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Pretty fish!! I also love the ghost. I should get something like that for my Halloween tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts