Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I’m new to the community and I still have some questions.. I believe I did everything right. But my Betty every time he comes up he makes a bubble and I don’t understand if it’s lack of oxygen or a nest... he seems happy swims up and down greets me at the tank. But the bubbles are scaring me and I don’t want him to die! Help.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hi! Welcome!!
Do you have a filter, and an air bubbler in his tank?

My boys sometimes blow a single bubble, as far as i know, it's normal :)

I saw your other post, you may need more plants in the tank so he doesn't need to hide behind the filter but regarding his bubbles, that's normal behavior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Welcome!!

I saw your other post, you may need more plants in the tank so he doesn't need to hide behind the filter but regarding his bubbles, that's normal behavior.
I do have a filter but no air bubbler. Yes it’s just a single bubble he does and it does look like a net.
thanks so much!
I’m so excited and don’t want him to die. And I did buy more plants just not real ones didn’t know if I could take care of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll show ya
45276BE4-D993-47F0-B3AE-271A9ADECDC7.jpeg

Hi! Welcome!!

it also looks humid In there I can’t close the lid that well my tank I don’t think was made for a tank heater.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This looks normal to me, I have had many bettas that did this when I first brought them home and they all lived for several years after. I'm pretty sure it is normal betta behavior!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I get humidity like that in all my tanks. It probably is because of the warmer water but nothing to worry about either.
also looks humid In there I can’t close the lid that well my tank I don’t think was made for a tank heater.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts