Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not all together new as far as keeping fish, but it has been a little while. I, however, just got my first betta one week ago today. His name is Triton and I find myself more attached to him than I ever did to my GloFish that I had three years ago. I love Triton and find myself talking to him. Triton is a male veiltale betta that has red, blue, purple, and some iridescent green coloring. I have been reading threads from this forum for the past week to make sure that I am doing everything I possibly can for Triton to keep him happy and healthy. He is currently living in a 2.5 gallon tank with a baffled internal filter and a small, submersible heater. He has a "cave" that he has yet to fully explore made out of a U-shaped PVC pipe. He has a couple of silk plants, as well. I know that some people use real plants, but I don't have a "green thumb", so I think it would be safer, in my case, to stick with the silk plants. My two children talk to him, as well. My six-year-old son gets so excited when Triton looks at him and when Triton is seen lounging on his betta bed. Triton is a very active betta and loves to swim to the top of his tank and then swim back to the bottom. He usually does this a few times a day for at least five minutes at a time. I do not regret my decision at all to get a betta and I think I picked the best the one in the store for my family and I to love. :-D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts