Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my third post, and it has been almost two months now. My betta's stomach is still severely swollen, and he has gotten bigger. It can't be comfortable for him with how large he is. The problem is that after two months, he still hasn't started to pinecone, so I'm hesitant to call it on the dropsy. He has changed slightly though, because when I changed his tank water a few days ago and added PraziPro, he started pooping again. Long strings of light brown pellets. They stick together and don't break off until he bumps it on something (weird). Anyway, I'm wondering if it's worms or another internal parasite. Could it really be worms, because I've looked up how to put him down humanely, and I don't want to do it unless it's absolutely necessary? I think if it is worms, he can come back from this fully healthy and okay again.
I have attached a picture of his current condition. His stomach is severely discolored because of all the bloating. Also, his fins are not rotting, he just bites them and they haven't really been growing back, but I just noticed today that some of them are showing regrowth.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*UPDATE*
My betta, Arete, does have dropsy. He's just starting to pinecone now. I don't have clove oil, so I am going to get some when I go home for Thanksgiving, and put him down when I get back this weekend. I'm just sorry that he had to suffer so long before I found out what was wrong with him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I finally was able to put him down. I had a hard time finding the clove oil, so I ended up ordering some on amazon. It was over pretty quick, but it wasn't easy to watch. RIP Arete... :'(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts