Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
The one gallon will be much better for him. To help with your shock situation, allow him to be introduced to the new clean water slowly, float him in his cup and let new water pour in, the let him float in his cup and allow his water temp. to match the new water's temp. After about 15-30 mins(alot of factors here) he will be fine to transfer to new tank.

But you really really need warmer water for ur betta. You gotta get some source of heat to his tank. (if u have space heater, use it and put him in a room but dont over do it. 78° -80° is ideal, and This will help him in thousands of ways.

you should change your water in the 1 gallon every 24 hrs. But your best option is to eventually get a 3-5 gallon tank. But even better you can buy a 10gl and once your confident in your fish keeping, divide it and prep it for TWO bettas :)

DIY sponge filters work in small tanks and arent costly ...if you cant find any at petstores. Youtube.com has videos :)

dont use peas.
If hes floating fast him.
Take some time to read more threads. You learn soooo much and there are THOUSANDS of people that CARE about your Betta and Want to help

Good Luck!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I actually have a fish room with space heater I use to heat six 5gallon tanks, and three 10 gallon tanks. The rooms stays at 86 degrees.

But its deff. A Good idea to have a tank heater. You shouldn't leave space heaters on without being home.

Walmart seems to be the cheapest.
but they only carry tetra brand, and Ive thrown away 2. Fluval brand is the kind I use now. Avaiable at petsmart , petco, etc. You can look on craigslist too. I trade stuff with ppl all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts