Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 chihuahuas, a chameleon, 4 betta splendens and 1 betta mahachai.
830 Posts
Hey there! That is strange that Kanaplex didn't help. I would urge you to try EM Erythromycin and if that doesn't work you may need to try a dip in something such as methylene blue or potassium permanganate. How often are you doing water changes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey there! That is strange that Kanaplex didn't help. I would urge you to try EM Erythromycin and if that doesn't work you may need to try a dip in something such as methylene blue or potassium permanganate. How often are you doing water changes?
Thank you for the suggestions! I am doing them weekly. Finally got a vacuum for cleaning the gravel and did about 35% water change today.

·
Premium Member
2 chihuahuas, a chameleon, 4 betta splendens and 1 betta mahachai.
830 Posts
I’m starting to wonder if this is columnaris based off the description of necrotic looking tissue and the fuzzy looking stuff. When he flares, do his gills look yellow at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Update #4: Sherlock's dorsal fin has significantly deteriorated over the last couple days :( I'm going to do another round of Kanaplex starting today... I might try doing two rounds back to back since he's had a break from it and I did a few water changes since. The instructions say back to back dosages can be given in extreme cases and if there are no signs of stress after first round. New photos below.

·
Super Moderator
2,828 Posts
TBH, it looked like a bacterial infection and I'm surprised that the Kanaplex didn't work.
Did you say you had Furan-2. It targets a some different gram negative and gram positive that the Kanaplex does not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
TBH, it looked like a bacterial infection and I'm surprised that the Kanaplex didn't work.
Did you say you had Furan-2. It targets a some different gram negative and gram positive that the Kanaplex does not.
I don’t have Furan-2 on hand but I can get it. Luckily there’s a Petsmart 5 minutes from me.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.