Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I purchased a new Betta about two weeks ago. His tail was already rather short to begin with, but it was rounded and he overall looked very healthy. However, just hours after i got him home, i noticed that his tail had some tears/missing pieces. I researched it and I assumed it was just him biting from the stress of his new home. However, after using stress coat and monitoring the water levels, two weeks later the tail is looking even worse. I can't tell if he is continuously biting, if it has progressed to fin rot, or if the tail is just looking rough during it's growth process. The water has just been tested, and is still at perfect levels. He is still just as active as the day I got him. The pictures below are taken 1 week apart. Please help:-?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn't find that but here is some basic info
Gallons: 3.5
Filter: yes
Heater: yes
Temperature :78-80
Air stone/ aeration: no
Food: wardley betta food (pellets) , betta mix tropical medley (flakes) and occasional freeze dried blood worms
Fed: twice daily (about 4 pellets, a couple flakes, 2 blood worms daily)
water changes: 40% every other week, w/ substrate vacuum

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello, I purchased a new Betta about two weeks ago. His tail was already rather short to begin with, but it was rounded and he overall looked very healthy. However, just hours after i got him home, i noticed that his tail had some tears/missing pieces. I researched it and I assumed it was just him biting from the stress of his new home. However, after using stress coat and monitoring the water levels, two weeks later the tail is looking even worse. I can't tell if he is continuously biting, if it has progressed to fin rot, or if the tail is just looking rough during it's growth process. The water has just been tested, and is still at perfect levels. He is still just as active as the day I got him. The pictures below are taken 1 week apart. Please help:-?
Forgot to mention that i swapped plastic plants for silk plants after 1 week

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.