Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
3,482 Posts
Looks like he ripped his fins somewhere. Are there any sharp objects in the tank? If not, it could be fin bitting. You might want to add some IALs in there, to help his fins heal faster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like he ripped his fins somewhere. Are there any sharp objects in the tank? If not, it could be fin bitting. You might want to add some IALs in there, to help his fins heal faster.
I don't think there could be anything Sharp except for the rocks I have in there maybe he could be getting caught on those thanks for the help

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe he's fin biting as well.
It's pretty common amongst bettas with long flowy fins, just do your regular maintenance (water changes, siphoning) and feed him foods high in protein and his fins should heal in a few weeks.

He might also benefit from a more heavily planted tank with some floating ones as well, your tank feels very "open" and having more hiding spots can reduce stress and possibly the fin biting too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe he's fin biting as well.
It's pretty common amongst bettas with long flowy fins, just do your regular maintenance (water changes, siphoning) and feed him foods high in protein and his fins should heal in a few weeks.

He might also benefit from a more heavily planted tank with some floating ones as well, your tank feels very "open" and having more hiding spots can reduce stress and possibly the fin biting too.
Will do that it's a brand new tank so will get more plants need some smaller plants as well thanks so much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts