Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I think my Beta Franklin may be unwell. His tail has a lumpy bit right in the middle, I am not sure if this is normal/will hurt him. I have had him over a year. He has a little heater and is in 4L or over a gallon of water, I use water conditioner and have a store bought fin medication.

Any ideas?

I have attached a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Oh dear poor thing. That looks like severe tail rot turning into body rot. Likely caused by poor water conditions (not changing the water enough and keeping in too small a tank).

Do a 100% water change daily, and you will likely need a very strong antibiotic if you want to try to save him. It looks like he could certainly die from his condition.

I am not an expert on which antibiotic to choose, but my best guess would be using both Kanaplex plus Nitrofurazone. Or perhaps Tetracycline?

·
Banned
580 Posts
agree with huckleberry.....look at the boxes i think it Tetracycline 2 u need for fin rott.... but I dont think hes gonna pull back from that one. all the ones ive seen that low dont but hey u never know. keep the water 100% clean and good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.