Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought these two little females from a local pet shop. I know they are not show bettas, but I would like to know what kind they are, and what the iridescent scales on the one female are called. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure about the top girl, but I'm pretty sure the second is a Piebald of some sorts.
She looks a lot like my boy Hircine when I first got him, so she'll most likely change colors :) loving her iridescent!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I also forgot to include in the first post, do you think Caireen (second one) has cellophane fins, or is it too early to tell?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would definitely say she is, though she will probably develop more colors so it's possible that the cellophane may fill up and be less clear :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Your first girl girl looks like a Cambodian crowntail and your other girl looks like a iridescent veiltail not sure her specific color pattern but she might turn out to be a cellophane, is she living in a bowl?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome!

They are in a 3 gallon cylindrical vase at the moment (not the best, I know). My male is in the 10 gallon. They used to be in opposite tanks, but my friend and I tried our hand at breeding (which failed). They will be getting switched back soon. I am also hoping to introduce a couple more females for the sorority tank after the switch.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Keep an eye on your crowntail girl! I think the store cup may have damaged some of her fins. You can see the rays extending from her tail but not her anal and dorsal. Usually, all three have rays all over.

Good luck with your sorority! Sometimes, they don't work out. Do you have other places for the girls that don't get along well?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Keep an eye on your crowntail girl! I think the store cup may have damaged some of her fins. You can see the rays extending from her tail but not her anal and dorsal. Usually, all three have rays all over.

Good luck with your sorority! Sometimes, they don't work out. Do you have other places for the girls that don't get along well?
They can alsways divide the tank on the instance of fighting

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

So now Caireen has these grayish looking parts on her fins. Is this the color changes we expected or is it a disease?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I'm not sure. I would post it in the disease forum and answer all the questions on the sticky there in case it is.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If I'm correct, I think the plant in your female's tank is a Pothos plant, which isn't aquatic and will rot over time. The leaves look very similar to the patterns found on the Pothos plant. Sometimes LFS's sell non-aquatic plants and label them as aquatic. Beautiful girls though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts