Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! It's been awhile since I posted, omg, loving the new design.

Anyway, I recently got two plants from PetSmart labelled as "Mondo Grass", but quickly realized it wasn't Mondo Grass at all when I looked it up. Still got them though, since $2.79 is a steal for a snail/pest-free plant that looks healthy! Where I am, at least.

The plants I now have are very tall (possibly exceeding 12" tall), grow from bulbs, and have long leaves and longer stems. They're a bit lighter in color than my Anubias Nana, and close to the same shade of green as my Undulata.

Pictures are on my IG, links here [x tall middle plant in back] [x bad picture, but close up] [x video, not that great but shows whole tank & plant movement]
There's some more pictures of my tank(s) on the IG, so there may be picture that helps view a little better.
I don't have any pictures of only the plant and would prefer pulling it out of my tank for pictures if it can be avoided. If I have to, I will though! I just want this mystery solved. Plus, if it's a plant that would tolerate my dad's 75g or 36g well, I might pick him up a couple lol.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Looks like it could be some type of aponogeton if it grows from a bulb.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it could be some type of aponogeton if it grows from a bulb.
Oh, it does resemble some of those! Especially the Aponogeton Henekelianus, if the reference site I used is accurate. Google shows few results though, so that's kind of disappointing.

Thank you so much for your help! I may uproot the one in the office to take pictures tomorrow and post them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts