Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new boy. I've had him for 2 days and he's still nameless! Poor boy needs a name :)

What do you think :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looks like a Sugarplum to me :)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Royal, King something to do with the wealthy. My line of thought leads he is purple and purple used to be a sign of the wealthy.

Very cute boy!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Diablo or snapdragon-or sugarpum, but I think it's a bit girly for him!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I keep thinking something like Milo or Manny--he's a boy so typically they're given male names, but he has very feminine colors so I feel that something more casual would suit him.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Gumball! :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like Diablo :) I also like Orchid, Snapdragon and DragonFly. When he moves it's often quickly, he doesn't glide like Kyon does and it reminded me of the way a Dragon Fly zips about above ponds but his tail is very petal like so I like floral names but most just sound so feminine but Orchid and Snapdragon are a bit more masculine. It's soo hard! Kyon was Kyon from day one! This little boy came to me on tuesday and is still nameless!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hm...for a fast guy you could go with Gusto, or maybe Sverre (Norse for 'wild and restless'). Maybe-
Klondike
Dude
Oberon (king of the Faerie)
Baldur (or Baldar, or Baldr the Brave) Norse god
Lockheed ...

so many choices! I'm sure anything you pick will fit him well. I have a little purple guy that's been nameless for two weeks, and my boy Rudis didn't get a name for a month. He went by Little Blue Fishy. But it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Honestly I'm not sure. I found a site that has an MP3 of how it's pronounced but I can't listen because my speakers are unhooked atm

http://www.forvo.com/word/loy_krathong/

Not knowing how to pronounce it right I'd guess like Loy (roy)... I'm probably completely off base here though lol. Just thought it was a neat name. Plus I generally don't ever talk to my fish and say their names. It's usually "Hi guys! Time for food." Or other stuff like that ;) I just saw your guy and thought festival. he's kinda grizzled like he has points of light all over him.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I like Gumball

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not entirely sure of his tail/colour type. I know he's a lavender and probably a VT but his tail tapers to a point. His pale face and coloured body makes me think Piebald with some grizzle. His colour is amazing when light hits him.

Great suggestions everyone :) I might just put them all in a hat and pull one out and go with that :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
It can be a problem with bettas, the boys are so pretty that many names which would suit their appearance might be less than masculine :)

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
It can be a problem with bettas, the boys are so pretty that many names which would suit their appearance might be less than masculine :)
Yeah, Romeo isn't a manly name lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts