Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think the walls of my new glass tank are acting as mirrors because my fish keeps hanging out by the walls and looking at himself often flaring up. this sucks cuz i just got it :-( so im wondering how i can avoid the mirror walls? any advice?? i feel bad!

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you tape a background to the tank walls (outside of course) on three out of the four sides, it should stop the reflection. Try black construction paper, or even creating your own painted/colored background if you wanted.

Good luck!

·
Registered
145 Posts
if you have the time, empty the tank clean it with alcohol really well then tape off everything you do not want to become part of the background, seal the inside then spray paint it. it will do a good job of removing a lot of the mirror effect. i did two of mine that way using good old krylon and had the tanks back up and running 24 hours later (paint curing) krylon comes in every shade imaginable and is easy to get rig of if one day you decide that you no longer want it on there. you take a good sharp razorblade wet the glass and scrape it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts